Winter Holiday Fire Safety
Did you know?
Nearly half of holiday decoration fires happen because decorations are placed too close to a heat source.
– It’s fun to decorate for the winter holidays, but holiday decorations can increase your risk for a home fire. As you deck the halls this season, be fire smart.
– Inspect holiday lights each year before you put them up. Throw away light strands with frayed or pinched wires.
– Water your Christmas tree every day. A dry tree is dangerous because it can catch on fire easily.
– Consider using battery-operated flameless candles, which can look, smell and feel like real candles.
– If you do use lit candles, make sure they are in stable holders and place them where they cannot be knocked down easily.