HIRING!! CAREER FIRE-RESCUE OFFICER
CAREER FIRE-RESCUE OFFICER
FF/EMT-P Job Posting
TOWN OF BUXTON, MAINE
The Town of Buxton is accepting applications for the position of Career Fire-Rescue Officer (rank not to exceed captain), the successful candidate will be a self-starter, who is a team player, and understands how to work as a leader within a combination fire-rescue organization. An active eligibility list will be kept for 6-months following this hiring process.
- Must hold and maintain a valid State of Maine Class C Driver’s license
- Associate degree in fire science, paramedicine, or emergency management, or combination of relevant experience, education, and training
- Maine AVOC/EVOC class (or equivalent)
- NFPA Firefighter I & II
- Maine Emergency Medical Services Paramedic license
- 5-years of experience as a full-time firefighter-paramedic, or equivalent per-diem employment
- Post job offer, the candidate must complete a pre-employment physical, including drug test, and associated NFPA 1500 components
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background check and license check
- Must have the ability to work fixed and rotating shifts on a weekly average of 42-hours
Interested candidates should contact Joanne Ward via email at email@example.com for the full application package. Completed packages must be received at the Fire-Rescue Chief’s Office (185 Portland Road, Buxton Maine 04093) no later than November 20, 2019 at 1200 hours.
The Town of Buxton is an equal employment employer and reserves the right to leave positions open until a qualified candidate has been found.