WE ARE HIRING – FT FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDICS!
Full Time Firefighter/Paramedic Job Posting
TOWN OF BUXTON, MAINE
The Town of Buxton is accepting applications for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic (AEMT Accepted) for its Fire-Rescue Department. There are currently two open positions, they are both full-time with benefit packages. An active eligibility list will be kept for 6-months following this hiring process.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree preferred
- Must hold and maintain a valid State of Maine Class C Driver’s license
- Successful completion of Maine certified AVOC/EVOC class (equivalent)
- NFPA Firefighter I & II Certification, or equivalent
- Must hold and maintain at a minimum a Maine Paramedic license, Advanced EMT considered
- National Incident Management System IS 100, 200 & 700
- Post job offer, the candidate must complete a pre-employment physical, including drug test, and associated NFPA 1500 components
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background check and license check
- Must be able to work fixed and rotating shifts.
Application packages are available on the departments’ website at: www.buxtonfr.org/ApplicationPackage or you may contact the Chief’s Office at (207) 929-3099 to have an application package mailed to you.
Completed Application packages must be received at the Fire-Rescue Chief’s Office (185 Portland Road, Buxton Maine 04093) no later than August 3, 2018 at 1200 hours. Emailed application packages will not be accepted.
EOE Statement: The Town of Buxton is an equal employment employer, and reserves the right to leave positions open until a qualified candidate has been found.